With the increased use of the internet in various sectors of society, digitization has gained a lot of popularity. All fields may it be education, finance or medical are adopting it rapidly. Similarly, the healthcare and pharma sectors need to adopt the same. The healthcare and pharma industries are among the most complex industries. An innocent mistake may lead to completely ruin a patient’s life and the physician’s career. It is very important for providers and pharmaceutical companies to train their physicians, nurses, and employees and provide them with the most accurate and advanced knowledge.
What is the Learning Management System (LMS):
A healthcare learning management system (LMS) is a digital learning platform that ensures that the right training is delivered at the right time to your team while tracking their progress along the way.
Why Learning Management System:
Historically experts used classroom teaching techniques to train physicians, nurses, and employees. At that time they called upon employees from various cities, collected them in one place and taught them using traditional pen and paper. They spent millions of dollars on transportation and classroom arrangements for employees.
It was very difficult to provide insightful information on the go while controlling the traning cost. The training program was decentralized and the tracking of learning experience was difficult.
How to implement a Learning Management System:
The implementation of a Learning Management System is quite easy although the time it takes to implement it depends on the type of system you are opting for. First of all, you need to choose the type of LMS you are going to install and make a team which will take care of the whole procedure. The team includes a leader, project manager, eLearning expert, L&D administrator and an IT expert. Then your team needs to establish an implementation plan and set a timeline. Next process is the preparation of Data that needs to be migrated followed by a trial run to ensure total accuracy of the system and finally switching to the new LMS.
Benefits of using healthcare learning management system:
With Healthcare LMS – physicians, sales force, sales representatives, nurses and employees can learn effectively and perform a great job. Also, it helps bring down the attrition rate of the organization.
- Learning anytime, anywhere – LMS user can access it anywhere and anytime like in office, transit, hospital or even their own house.
- Increased reachability – Using LMS pharmaceutical and providers can easily reach to each and every employee across geographies.
- Instant update – Medical and pharmaceutical sector is one of the fastest adaptors of technology. There is constant innovation in existing equipment and techniques. LMS make it easier for the companies to instantly share knowledge and provide information within seconds.
- Centralized system – With LMS one can provide e-Learning modules, slide decks, print materials, Brochures, clinical studies and many more form a centrzlied admin section.
- Cost optimization – LMS lowers the learning and development cost of the entire organization by more than 50%.
The Best Healthcare Learning Management System:
Here are some of the key features of LMS that it must have so as to ensure perfect and uninterrupted training of employees.
- User-friendly interface – The system must be user-friendly so that any employee from a non-technical background can easily understand its eLearning modules, accessibility and functioning.
- Data safety and security – As the whole process of knowledge sharing is based on data sharing and it needs to be protected from the outside world. So, it is very important to protect the data that we are sharing using LMS. Hence, the system must be encrypted and secured.
- Customized creative learning – For a better understanding and comfort of employees it is very important that we provide them options from which they can choose. They can choose what they need currently in a creative way like gamification. It will definitely improve the skills of the employees and hence overall medical knowledge and performance.
- Proper assessment – With the help of the Learning Management System, assessment of physicians, medical representatives, nurses, and employees can be done via various quiz and assessment formats.
- Feedback functionalities – Every person related to our work has his own importance. If each one of them is able to understand the courses via e-learning, then our work is half done. The system must be equipped with feedback functions or sectionsso that we can have feedback from the employees whether they are satisfied or not. They can also give us better ideas regarding the same which can prove to be very fruitful.
LMS report and Analytics
Learning management system is equipped with reports which contain the summary of any course attended by students. It is beneficial to analyze learners progress and what is needed as next course of action for better leanring.
We can get an idea of the average time a student is spending for the completion of a particular course. We can also interact with the students and find out whether they are enjoying the learning experience or not. the final report also gives us the overall performance of students.
The LMS users are also awarded certificates for their good performance. Reports provide us great chances to improve the quality of our courses.
The top 10 e-learning analytics to track using LMS are:
- Sessions vs. total users – Are users coming back for more or just dropping irregularly?
- Completion rate – Do completion rates matter to your project? If it’s a linear e-learning experience, is everyone getting through to the end? If not, why? If it’s a range of performance topics that learners can explore freely, look instead at which pages/topics are visited, and by whom.
- User stats – Are you reaching your target number of users, and in the locations you are aiming for?
- Device type – What devices are being used, and how does this differ from your expectations and the way your elearning is designed? Can you do more to make it mobile-friendly?
- Session times – This is a great indicator of interest, but also “learning windows.” What might be the optimum topic length?
- Poll results – What results are you seeing from polls, and what do they tell you about user attitudes/preconceptions/knowledge?
- Tricky questions – Which really important question are users struggling with? What does this tell you about where they may really be struggling on the job? How can you further help them?
- Easy questions – Which questions are 90 – 100% of users getting right the first time? Were they designed to be that easy, or do you need to make them harder?
- Drop off – What pages are you seeing the total number of users drop off from? Dig deeper to find out why this might be: page errors/lower engagement/less relevant content/navigation or UX issues, or perhaps they simply have all that they need and the rest can be cut!
- User navigation – If you’ve created branches in your content, where are the majority of users going.
Best Learning Management System vendors:-
Before implementing an LMS we must correctly choose the vendor from which we are going to buy it. We must go with the brand, which has significant experience in the field of LMS implementation for pharmaceutical and provider organizations. The LMS vendor must be fully equipped with all the necessary qualification to assure great service quality.
We must also keep in mind the normal time period to set up a learning management software. Although different systems take different time for installation on average the whole process takes about 4-6 months.
Final Takeaway of LMS Implementation:
So far, we understood that getting digital is vital for a faster and easier learning process. With the help of technological advancement, we can establish a system which is way more productive than before. Innovation and advancements are constantly changing the ways through which the healthcare industry works. Hence the knowledge of these changing dynamics is very important for the physicians, medical representatives, nurses and other employees.
The best way of providing knowledge in a seamless manner is through the Healthcare Learning Management System. Let’s implement an excellent way of learning and bring efficiency and productivity to the ecosystem.
At Moisaka, we build learning management system for healthcare companies globally. Drop a note to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our expert would get in touch with you in 24-48 hours.