There are countless cases where a healthcare virtual assistant or a chatbot could help physicians, patients, nurses, and healthcare professionals.
What is Healthcare Chatbot Application
Healthcare Chatbot Application are services that people interact with through a digital application. Instead of having a conversation with another person, the user talks with a pre-designed bot that is either powered by basic rules of command based programming or artificial intelligence.
Every chatbot serves a specific purpose — healthcare chatbots are designed to help with health-related issues only.
Benefits of Healthcare Chatbot Application (for Users)
- Healthcare chatbots help patients access care more quickly and easily by connecting them directly to the right person or provider via EMR-to-patient portal connectivity
- Chatbots can provide healthcare professionals with appointment details and help them update patient records
- It can also help patients easily request prescription refills and pay bills while providing helpful, actionable alerts such as appointment reminders
- Chatbots can deliver lab, test, and procedure outcomes and recommend next steps
- It can offer patient support across all channels, including text, email, mobile app, phone, and website
Benefits of Healthcare Chatbot Application (for Life Sciences, Payers and Providers)
- Healthcare chatbots can help increase engagement and lead generation using automated process systems
- Hospitals and clinics can use healthcare chatbot system to integrate with backend billing, inventory, and insurance claims management systems. This integration allows healthcare providers to quickly and easily generate invoices for payments and allows patients to more easily interact with your billing department.
- Patient compliance and medication adherence is an ongoing struggle for healthcare providers. Healthcare chatbots can send patients reminders when they need to take their medication or perform exercises, such as in the case of physical therapy. Our healthcare chatbots can be used to send patients reminders that their prescription needs to be refilled, that they are due for a routine check-up, and for other health-related issues.
- Not all questions are related to symptoms or drug interactions. Patients often need information related to the medical equipment they need to get healthy. For example, they often need to know how to use the medical device, or where to source new oxygen cylinders from. Hospitals and clinics can learn from the questions patients ask chatbots so that they can start to provide that information at the point-of-care, instead of forcing patients to search for the information later.
- Healthcare organizations can use chatbots to increase brand awareness by engaging customers in the digital channels they frequent most. Chatbots can be used, for example, to provide symptom questionnaires to prospective patients.
- The healthcare chatbot could deliver personalized information to the prospect based on their response while inviting the individual to come in for treatment or a general checkup.
- Healthcare chatbots can help educating prospects, generate new leads, and setting up appointments could thus occur within the same conversation.
Annual cost savings derived from the adoption of chatbots in healthcare will reach $3.6 billion globally by 2022, up from an estimated $2.8 million in 2017.Juniper Research
Use case scenarios of Healthcare Chatbots
- Companion diagnostics – Chatbots could detect and diagnose disease by describing the symptom
- Interactive Discussion guides – Step by step instructions for therapy administration or structural procedures.
- Customer service bots handling complaints, product and service inquiries, as well as adverse event reporting.
- Coaching for patients and HCPs is another key application.
- Text or voice driven guidance can be provided for therapy and lifestyle plan reminders and motivation.
- HCPs could receive daily briefings, such as relevant continuing medical education events (CME) for a particular therapy or drug.
- Educational information around the condition that a drug might be treating would also be an invaluable resource for HCPs and patients, while providing credibility to a brand.
There are countless cases where a healthcare chatbot application has helped physicians, nurses, patients or their families. It has led to better organization of patient pathways, medication management, helps in emergency situations or with first aid, offering a solution for simpler medical issues. The rate at which the users are adopting healthcare chatbots, soon the healthcare market will be flooded with smart chatbots for better engagement and serviceability.
If you would like to know more about healthcare learning management solutions and how it could be customized for your organization drop a note to us today.